Transfer Video from Galaxy S3 to iPad?

Lightshield

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm an old Apple veteran who was rocking iPhone for about 6 years, starting with the original. However I wasn't due for an upgrade until December, so I couldn't get an iPhone 5 as soon as it was released... as fortune would have it, I found an ad on Craigslist where a fella was trading his Galaxy S3 straight up for a "iPhone 4 or 5". So we met at the Verizon store and I gave him my iPhone 4 32gb and he gave me his Galaxy S3 16gb with a 32gb SD card. Talk about a SCORE!

Anyway, I've been learning the Android ropes for about two weeks now. Here is my question/dilemma: at the end of the month we are taking a vacation to Las Vegas and Disneyland. I anticipate recording lots of video and shooting lots of photos at Disneyland.

I would like to be able to edit my videos using iMovie on the iPad, but I'm not quite sure how I can get the video moved over. I'd rather not have to lug my MacBook Pro across the country with me if I can help it.

Have any of you tried it?

Can I use the SD card adapter for the iPad to pull video off of my S3's Micro SD? Or will it see the correct folder?

I thought about Dropbox, but can't find a way to move the video from Dropbox into iMovie. (grr iOS)

Any other suggestions or tips? Thanks so much! :)

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Not that familiar with iMovie, but I thought you could move the file from Dropbox to the iPad's camera roll and then you'd be able to edit it.

Lightshield

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Ah, ok, I see what I was doing wrong. At first it was not giving me the option to save a video to the camera roll. What you have to do first is star it, adding it to your favorites, so that it downloads to your dropbox app. Then from there you can save it to your camera roll. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084