Mac, Android File Transfer, Galaxy Nexus: Suddenly unhappy.

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

I have a Galaxy Nexus running Black Bean/Franco that is suddenly having a problem connecting to a 10.8.2 iMac's Android File Transfer interface.

Screen Shot 2012-10-09 at 6.07.30 PM.png

The phone connects fine with a MacBook Pro running the same OS and version of Android File Transfer. I would much, much rather use the iMac to interface with the Galaxy Nexus and am a bit baffled as to why I am suddenly unable to connect with the device from my desktop. I was able to make a connection between these fiddly bits yesterday... Everything has been restarted, blessed, touched, given a nibbly, flibbled, and softly soothed.

Any ideas? SO much thanks is gifted upon you in advance.

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Huh. The [stock] Nexus 7 is interfacing properly with the iMac via Android File Transfer. (I should have tested that sooner, sorry.)

I would mark this up as a ROM issue, though the Galaxy Nexus works seamlessly with a laptop running an almost identical config to the desktop ('almost' as in OS X apis/drivers specific to a laptop differenced from an all-in-one desktop rig).

Because of the pitiful response to my topic, I'll hum to myself: What could the problem be? Is it me? Did I somehow offend thee by that middle finger presented to the Apple committee? I adore you little ROM, your blackened thumb, your blissful evidence of things gone wrong but righted by enlightened scum.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol