Flashing arrows

Flipflop318

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
On my Samsung galaxy s3 I have 2 flashing arrows under my wifi bar.. I went to Samsungs chat and the first time I was told that it was because I was transfering data but I wasn't. She then told me to do a soft reset so it did and it still continued. Then I went back on because the first person told me it would eat up my data if I didn't break the transfer. The second lady said that all that means is that it's showing that it's connected to my router and is normal and won't use my data.. Now I don't know what to think. Anyone have any ideas on this one....

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
If you're on WiFi and transmitting data, then the only data it will be using is your home network (or whatever network you're connected to) .... not the phone's carrier data. T

Sent from my Melita Tin Can & String

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
As long as the arrows are on the wifi signal, you're ok. The cellular data signal may also be grey when wifi is connected to indicate your data is disconnected.

Even if you aren't actively transferring files, loading web pages, streaming media, etc., you will still occasionally see the transfer arrows showing an active exchange. Lots of programs work in the background, sync'ing things like email, weather app updates, and social media apps checking for new items just to name a few. They usually don't use much data though if they are reputable.

Samgilmore

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
On my Samsung galaxy s3 I have 2 flashing arrows under my wifi bar.. I went to Samsungs chat and the first time I was told that it was because I was transfering data but I wasn't. She then told me to do a soft reset so it did and it still continued. Then I went back on because the first person told me it would eat up my data if I didn't break the transfer. The second lady said that all that means is that it's showing that it's connected to my router and is normal and won't use my data.. Now I don't know what to think. Anyone have any ideas on this one....
just go to top of screen and pull down menu it will tell you what's going on. Down loading uploading or what ever

Jen10

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
just go to top of screen and pull down menu it will tell you what's going on. Down loading uploading or what ever
I'm having the same problem with flashing arrows but when I pulled down the menu there was nothing there? I don't get data usage on my bill and its costing me and only have the phone 3 days! My arrows flash when the G or 3G sign comes over it so its not on wifi - Is there anyway of fixing this?? Have only downloaded a few apps and have restricted the background data hoping that will help - Should I turn off mobile data??

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have a mobile data plan, I would suggest turning it off. But every plan I've seen for any smart phone requires at last a minimum data plan. If you have just the minimum and don't really actively use it, leaving it on won't use much.

Besides, pulling the notification bar down only shows foreground info. So something like a weather app would download data in the background without showing on the notification bar.

phanimellu

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
M using celkon a518 kitkat version and m having problem with my data connection past 4 days , its working for some time and diconnecting , i saw one arrow is down on data connection , i have tried in settings but no use . plz help me