Cant' Receive Text from Other Phone on My Account

Bri2e

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both have EVO 4G LTE?s and she unable to receive text messages I send her from my phone. I can receive text she sends me. I called Sprint and they walked me through some updates that didn?t fix the problem so they told me to go into a store. At the Sprint store, the tech said it was a network issue and the only way he knew to fix the problem was to change one of our numbers. I really don?t want to change my number, and it will cost a lot of money to change my wife?s number because of her job. Anyone have an idea how to fix this issue? Neither one us have this issues with other numbers.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have EVO 4G LTE’s and she unable to receive text messages I send her from my phone. I can receive text she sends me. I called Sprint and they walked me through some updates that didn’t fix the problem so they told me to go into a store. At the Sprint store, the tech said it was a network issue and the only way he knew to fix the problem was to change one of our numbers. I really don’t want to change my number, and it will cost a lot of money to change my wife’s number because of her job. Anyone have an idea how to fix this issue? Neither one us have this issues with other numbers.

It's a known Sprint issue, but may not be your cause.

I would not change her phone number!!! What a bunch of BS! cuz it's not the issue or going to help!

You must have dealt with a nitwit tech!.

You did not mention if she can receive text messages from other people? from other service providers?

Did you go to a Sprint Corp store?

Did you try another tech or other Sprint store to check it.

She may have a bad phone did they test it?

Did you or they do a factory reset?

Hope that may help

Bri2e

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The only number she cannot receive text from is mine.

I did go to Sprint Corp Store and there is only one Corp store where I live.

The phone was tested and it's fine.

Have not tried the factory reset yet. She got a replacement phone last week after a bad phone and we hoped it would fix this text problem, but it hasn't. Sprint Tech said that this was a network problem and that's why one of us need to change a phone number.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it ends up that you need to change her number, ask that the ticket be escalated (that means, given to a real tech, not a salesdroid). What you're after is for them to port (and pay for) her number to Google Voice. Then they can give her any number and you can have her old number forward calls to her new number. People calling her will never know the difference. (She can even make calls on her cell through GV, so the CallerID will show the call coming from her old number.)

Note: It only costs $20 to Google to port in, but since Sprint caused the problem you shouldn't have to pay even that. And Sprint might consider it termination of service, so you want to make sure (preferably in writing) that you won't be hit with an ETF.

But you need to speak to an executive, not a salesdroid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad