does size (in pixels) matter?

mgh24

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
So I am looking for my first android phone, and trying to sift through reviews and forums, comparing specs, and generally driving myself crazy, and its a short trip.
How much am I really going to be able to tell between screen resolutions? For example, the Google Nexus, and the Galaxy 3S are 1280X760, the older Galaxy 2S, is 480X800, and the HTC 1 is 960X540. I am not into watching much in the way of multimedia, and no games that really need high res, so how much can you tell from one resolution to another?
Or is it more about how the screen is made?
Thanks for any help.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
While you can find good points about various aspects of the screen, the real test is to just sample the phones first hand and see what looks best to you overall. A great example is the Super AMOLED screen debate. Some people like the over saturated colors and don't mind the green tint on even a white screen. Some people can't stand the tint and willing to sacrifice the "true black" and added battery life of it to have a more traditional LCD for a true white and better overall color balance, even if it also means a lower resolution.

Bottom line, play with them and examine the screens of various phones side by side with the same image to see which looks best to you. Everyone's idea of "best" is a little different.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
resolution also depends on the screen size. A 1280X760 on a 10 inch display would be a bit bad..

1280 would be the no of pixels horizontally and 760 would the pixels vertically. hope u got the point.

mgh24

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Guess I better spend some time at the T-Mobile store, but have been avoiding it as long as possible.

Thanks for the help.