On my 3rd Nexus 7 in less than week - Keeps freezing on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update - Please Help ??

g4fne

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks.

I bought a Nexus 7 last week. It worked faultlessly and very impressed. It done a system update over weekend with no issue & then tried to update to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, which caused it to freeze on the Google "X" logo. No amount of resetting would allow it passed this point. I returned item to retailer as faulty and replaced this morning. This replacement done exact same thing following Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update. I spoke with Google play (not purchaased from them) who confirmed there have been numerous similar issues for others, and that it needs to be returned.
I am now on my 3rd Nexus 7.
Can anyone confirm if they have had same problem & whether they got round this issue ??
Can i skip the 4.1.2 update & wait for next one, or do i need to install to get to any new releases ??.

Any advice woulf be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
" who confirmed there have been numerous similar issues for others"

haven't found numerous issues like this anywhere. post a video so that we know what you are seeing.

g4fne

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
" who confirmed there have been numerous similar issues for others"

haven't found numerous issues like this anywhere. post a video so that we know what you are seeing.

Guy at Google Play support mentioned there have been others suffering same problem with the 4.1.2 update

If i post a video of the problem it would mean this 3rd Nexus has gone the same way. Im hoping to avoid that as it renders the unit useless. Its straight forward though. Following the installation of 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update, the Nexus will not power up further than the multi colour "X" symbol that follows the Google symbol.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So it's not a boot up then constant reboot. Its a never ending boot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It sits on the multi colour "X" symbol and doesnt go any further.

Until a fix is found I don't see anything you can do except keep returning them. I wouldn't recommend bypassing the update completely because that's just delaying the problem till the next update. The next one will most likely require that this one is installed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

millerk1981

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Since I updated to 4.1.2 my device constantly freezes no matter where I am on the device. I'm trying to see if a hard reset will fix the issue will keep everyone advised if this works.