moto wants stock devices

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Came across something g pretty cool. Moto wants to have stock phones but Verizon(other carriers) wants them to have skins. How can verizon tell them what to do? Would you be interested in a phone with stock android and not be a nexus? What would this say about the nexus devices? This could lead to more time for a better design and build quality of phone.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Came across something g pretty cool. Moto wants to have stock phones but Verizon(other carriers) wants them to have skins. How can verizon tell them what to do? Would you be interested in a phone with stock android and not be a nexus? What would this say about the nexus devices? This could lead to more time for a better design and build quality of phone.

The carriers always have control over the builds because they pay them too, which most peeps don't care for...

Yes I prefer pure stock then crap carrier skins & bloatware the carrier adds to it which also adds to the cost...

Life-Is-Good

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Cellmeister said:
?? Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!

Good tip!

I back up frequently then restore the old version if I don't like an update. But this week when I didn't like the update to the X-plore file manager Google Play Store would not allow me to re-install an older version. So I'm stuck with the Ice Cream Sandwich updated version that has type font that is too small :(

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Good tip!

I back up frequently then restore the old version if I don't like an update. But this week when I didn't like the update to the X-plore file manager Google Play Store would not allow me to re-install an older version. So I'm stuck with the Ice Cream Sandwich updated version that has type font that is too small :(

Try deleting data on that new APP you want to uninstall 1st, then uninstall the APP & reboot it your device to delete the cache.

Then try installing the older version.

That is if you have it backed up somewhere & not trying to get it from the Play Store

But if you don't have the older version of the APP, trying searching for the older versions, sometimes the APP developer
will have the older versions available on their site or you can try to email them.

Hope that may help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12