Your device isn't compatible with this version

RobinCris

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.
Sorry if my question sound stupid but I am really a newbie to Android.
most of the things I try to download from play store (like: Waze, whatsapp, Fruit Ninja Free, Bad Piggies, Jetpack Joyride, flirt maps etc) say "Your device isn't compatible with this version" why is that?
I got a Chinese phone "Hero H5500" with android version 4.0.3 so what can the problem be?
I really wanted Waze and whatsapp so I looked very hard and found APK files for them and the apps running great. so what is the problem.
The phone is 3 days out of the box. (no rooted)
Is it safe to download apk files?

Thanks

JeffInMonterey

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, my situation is a little different, I think. I have updated Android on my Skyrocket a few times and it has always been ok. Kies syncs with the phone when I plug it in, but not since the last patch ( a couple of days ago). I believe that is 4.0.1. Now the phone won't sync and I get a message that the 'device is not compatible with Kies 2.0". The driver says it is installed and the device is ready to use, however, the Kies software cannot sync with the phone. A window displays and says that the driver did not install correctly (even though another window says that the device, memory, sim card, etc, are all ready to use). Do I have to remove Kies, and the and then re-install everything? I have a US phone, in the US, with a US driver's license, if that helps.

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Most the time if it's not compatible its because the processor in your phone isn't strong enough to handle the functions of the app, especially if it requires a lot of animation and motion, other times it's because service providers block certain apps.

~?~HTC Evo Design~?~

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It can also be due to your hardware not being compatible with the app. For instance, most barcode readers require an autofocus camera. It can also be just the way the developer listed the app, so for some reason your phone won't be listed as compatible.

I've never found an apk that would cause a permanent problem with the phone - the worst I've seen with an apk for a "non-compatible" app is that the app won't work, or works poorly.

LorriLoves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I got my android tablet shipped from China, when I try to download Pinger text free app, it says "This app is incompatible with your Unkown Q88, Unknown Q88, this item is not compatible with your device."

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Your device isn't compatible with this version

I got my android tablet shipped from China, when I try to download Pinger text free app, it says "This app is incompatible with your Unkown Q88, Unknown Q88, this item is not compatible with your device."

Unknown Q88 is name of your phone registered in your system and your device missing something or system is too old

LorriLoves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Odp: Your device isn't compatible with this version

I just got it, it can't be too old. What am I missing in my device, how do I check?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most Chinese phones aren't really Android-compatible, so most Android apps won't work on them. The solution is to not buy Chinese phones until the Chinese learn to make compatible phones (which will cost them more, so they won't be able to sell the phones cheaper than the name-brand phones, so it won't ever happen - so just don't buy Chinese phones).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1