Switch app to SD Card

Xop777

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

I am doing my first steps on Android today... I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace and I loaded it up with so many apps that I have a notification that tell me there is low space in application storage. I tried to switch apps to the SD card by the "manage application" menu. All apps on the phone show me a disabled button "Move to SD Card".

How can I enable that button ?

Thanks!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Also keep in mind moving an app to three SD card can interfere with some functions. Not always, but an example is if it has a widget associated with it, the widget support goes away. Many apps say in the description if you can't/shouldn't move to SD card.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!

I am doing my first steps on Android today... I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace and I loaded it up with so many apps that I have a notification that tell me there is low space in application storage. I tried to switch apps to the SD card by the "manage application" menu. All apps on the phone show me a disabled button "Move to SD Card".

How can I enable that button ?

Thanks!

Welcome to AC!!

Do you use all the apps you have installed? If you have installed so many apps that you are running low on app space, there must be some you don't really use, or, apps that have similar functions you could remove.

Xop777

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC!!

Do you use all the apps you have installed? If you have installed so many apps that you are running low on app space, there must be some you don't really use, or, apps that have similar functions you could remove.

I do not have one of the lastest phone... The apps I don't use that much are all pre-loaded... But there is Evernote, Box, Twitter and LinkedIn are on SD right now and I'd like to have it on the phone...

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Why do you want them on the phone. Not really any benefit. And if you are running out of app space, putting more apps on the phone is the opposite of what you wanna do. I still say there must be something you can remove.

Can also root to remove bloatware.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Xop777

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Why do you want them on the phone. Not really any benefit. And if you are running out of app space, putting more apps on the phone is the opposite of what you wanna do. I still say there must be something you can remove.

Can also root to remove bloatware.

For ex... Evernote need to be on the phone for the widget to work... When I am doing USB transfert, those apps are not availlable... Bloat removal would be nice... my phone is already rooted...

Could thoses app be removed:
- Allshare
- Social Hub
- Talk
- Latitude
- News & Weather
- ThinkFree Office
- Samsung Apps

If yes how ?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I gotcha, it's for widgets.

I doubt removing any of those apps would cause problems, but, you never know. Have you considered installing a custom ROM since your already rooted? Might be the easiest way to get the most space. Should be able to easily get CM on there.

Xop777

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I gotcha, it's for widgets.

I doubt removing any of those apps would cause problems, but, you never know. Have you considered installing a custom ROM since your already rooted? Might be the easiest way to get the most space. Should be able to easily get CM on there.

Yeah it is under consideration right now... just not sure yet what mod would fit the phone.... I also heard that some mod can remove some ability of the phone (like the camera)... Camera is mandatory for me so if CM do not make it death, I can consider it... any screenshot ?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot of what, CM? Just look some up, lol. I am running CM on my GTAB7, but, it's in my work bag, and, I don't use it often, just to mess around with it. It's really a project I intend to mount somewhere, just haven't had time.

Xop777

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot of what, CM? Just look some up, lol. I am running CM on my GTAB7, but, it's in my work bag, and, I don't use it often, just to mess around with it. It's really a project I intend to mount somewhere, just haven't had time.

With time to look at... It seems it's not compatible with my device... but it looks so awesome...

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You might have to look harder. Took me a while to find the build for my GTAB7. I'm not saying you didn't try, just saying it might take time. Unless you found sources saying you can't, that is.

Xop777

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
You might have to look harder. Took me a while to find the build for my GTAB7. I'm not saying you didn't try, just saying it might take time. Unless you found sources saying you can't, that is.

I don't want to break anything by putting something wrong in my phone since I am not yet a guru... If I look there on get.cm, I do not see my device as officially supported... When work schedule will be over I'll have more time to put on this search... I already know that CM has been put on Ace but also see a lot of bricked phone message about it...

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Neither is my GTAB7, but, I have CM9. Try googling the product number for your phone and CM. Might have better luck that way. I had to google SCH-I800 to find a ROM for my tablet. Then just look for a guide, and, you'll be fine.

Xop777

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Neither is my GTAB7, but, I have CM9. Try googling the product number for your phone and CM. Might have better luck that way. I had to google SCH-I800 to find a ROM for my tablet. Then just look for a guide, and, you'll be fine.

Took 2hours earlier today to search about CM. Seems that most of the available ROMs do not support camera or if it do, it cannot record videos. So I won't be able to go for it until camera and flash are fully supported.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC