Verizon galaxy III pin lock question????

Dmsamblin

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just received my new Galaxy s3 and have set up a PIN number to access my phone. Will I receive some type of notification if someone attempts to access my device? I know it will wipe out my data if an incorrect pin is attempted more then 5 times, but for instance if someone just tries once or twice will I know??

Dmsamblin

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I did and once i entered in the correct pin and accessed my phone, I didn't see any type of message or anything. I'm still playing with my phone and trying to figure it out. I assumed I should have some type of notification center somewhere. Reason being I just moved back home from college and have a feeling I may have some nosey parents, which is why I set up the pin. LOL

Last edited:

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Why not try to enter a wrong PW 2 times and see what the error message is if anything. On the second try see if the message changes any. If not then no, no message is displayed, if it does then you answered your own question. Besides, why on earth would you leave your device laying around unattended. Thought college students were supposed to thinkers.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I answered this elsewhere, but, I'll chime in here too.

I don't think there is anyway to get notified. I mean, this data must exist somewhere, but, I don't think it's made readily available. You could try looking for apps that would provide you with that information, but, I have never heard of one.

The only thing you will notice is that it says something like "Try Again." However, once the phones screen times out, that message seems to go away. And, ifyour parents are savvy, they would just push the power button anyway when they are done messing with it so you don't know.

If privacy is a concern for you in your parents household, I would suggest you sit down and talk to them about it. Are they paying for the phone? If they are, well, then you can't really do much about it if they want to sneak a peak and don't really care about your privacy. But, regardless, you could still talk about it. Let them know up front that your device might be laying around and that it's personal. If they see it laying around, locked or unlocked, it's not for them to use.