Nexus 7 not connecting to wi-fi

Jim Garten

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi all -

New here, so bear with me if I'm asking a dumb question (I am by no means a technical type by the way, so please bear this in mind when/if replying).

Our home wifi router gives my wife and I perfect wifi speed & strength for both laptops, both i-touches & my iPad; however, bought my wife a Nexus 7 yesterday & it always states 'out of range' unless I am within 5 feet of the router (as this is upstairs in a spare room, this is not exactly ideal...)

I've seen elsewhere there are possible issues with the Nexus 7 & also the Kindle Fire HD (which is/was an alternative for my wife) & could be down to 5ghz or 2.4ghz transmission on the router??? Told you I'm not technical :-\

Any advice? Should the Nexus 7 go back in favour of a Kindle Fire HD (which boasts better wifi connectivity)?

Many thanks,

Jim Garten

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to find out too. My Mum's planning to upgrade our internet to a faster speed and I'm worried about compatibility.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd guess that you got a defective Nexus. Everyone is different, but I'd ask for a replacement.

@TomsAndroid:
The Nexus will work up to N, and there's nothing faster at this time, so it should work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome