Juice Defender Ultimate settings

flroots

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased Juice Defender Ultimate for my Galaxy Nexus (gsm) and would like to hear your recommended settings. The Ultimate version has many possible settings and it would probably take years to try all combinations:) I'm hoping that others can offer a few suggestions. As a starting point I tried the ones recommended in post #4 here:

plus I added CPU switching so that CPU slows down in idle mode. As an aside, JD offers a 1 week money back guarantee so I'm also hoping to determine if the app actually does conserve battery power.
Pete

flroots

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have attached a screenshot of the Notificatin pulldown window from my Galaxy Nexus which shows the JD status. There are 9 objects just to the right of the JD shield. They include 3 icons, 3 colored circles and 3 lines of text. Can anyone explain what each of them mean? I have checked the JD online info, without luck.

My best guess is:

• the up/down icon represents mobile data
  • the red circle next to the up/down icon means mobile data is disabled
  • the radiation icon represents WiFi
  • the green circle next to the radiation icon means WiFi is enabled
  • the 3G icon represents 3g mode
  • the red circle next to the 3g icon means 3g is disabled and 2g is enabled

As mentioned, these are just my best guesses. I have no idea what the 3 lines of text mean?
Pete

Attachments

• JDnotify.jpg
    JDnotify.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 23

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, Pete. Wifi automatic or preferred, maybe. I generally only have one Wifi and one Screen listed.

Check JD's forum. Or shoot the dev an email. I occasionally have People listed and asked for an explanation. I got an answer fairly quickly.

flroots

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, Pete. Wifi automatic or preferred, maybe. I generally only have one Wifi and one Screen listed.

Check JD's forum. Or shoot the dev an email. I occasionally have People listed and asked for an explanation. I got an answer fairly quickly.
Thanks. I just received this response from the developer:
The lines of text (Wifi,Screen, Wifi) indicate what trigger is responsible for this behavior.
So the data connection is disabled because of an active wifi, the wifi is enabled because of an active screen and the 3G network is disabled because of the active wifi too.
Pete

flroots

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
OK, good. Thanks for sharing that. :)
You're welcome. I have confirmed that the line labeled 3g is associated with the network switching feature eg, 3g to 2g. That's because I disabled network switching once I read that it wasn't supported in Jelly Bean and that line has now disappeared. This would also seem to confirm that the line with two arrows represents mobile data.
Pete

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance