T-Mobile $30 Month Prepaid Plan

quandary

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile has a $30/month prepaid plan where you get unlimited text and data and 100 minutes. But you have to buy the phone brand new from either walmart or tmobile.com to activate the plan.
I was wondering if I can buy a cheap phone, even a prepaid flip phone or something, activate the plan, and then take the sim card out and put it in another unlocked
phone.
Would this work? Would I have to change plans or anything? Could I use the sim for an iPhone too?

quandary

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
That is what I planned to do. But I dont want to have to pay a bunch of money.
So would I be able to get a cheap flip phone on that plan and then take out the sim card for an unlocked phone?

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If you are referring to basically testing the carrier with the cheap phone and if you don't like it no harm done, rather than buying a smartphone for 350$ maybe and not liking the service you can always sell the phone in that case. But yes you should be able to move the sim to a new device and still get service with the new device if that's what you mean? the iPhone might not work because that's a micro sim. In that case you would need to buy a Micro SIM cutter to make the current SIM compatible.