Need Amazon Appstore help - CM10 custom ROM

Marty_LK

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced this or is there something in the ROM that can be tweaked to overcome this:

Device info: HTC Inspire 4G - CM10 custom (unofficial) ROM

Having an issue with the Amazon Appstore on one specific device with a custom Jelly Bean ROM. The Amazon Appstore won't stay signed in. Once I sign in, if I remove the store from "Recent Apps" or if I reboot my phone, the Appstore app won't be signed in. Worse than that, whenever I re-sign back in, it re-registers it as a completely new device. I have to go to the Amazon website and deregister all the instances of this one particular device. That doesn't help with anything, though. The Appstore on this particular device will keep signing out upon app close or reboot and keep making a new device register whenever I re-sign back into the Appstore.

I've searched and searched and have tried many things with Titanium Backup and Root Explorer - like setting permissions and special permissions - but nothing helps. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've used different versions of the Appstore. Nothing helps. It's only on this one device with this one particular custom ROM. The Appstore on all of my other devices works perfectly normal, no issues at all. And some of them have a custom ROM. And on this particular device with the issue, I can flash another ROM and the issue is gone. I want to keep this ROM, though, because it's the smoothest and best functioning ROM yet. It just won't let the Appstore stay signed in. And the Appstore is the only app that has this problem. None of the many other apps on this device - that require a sign in - don't lose their sign in information, only the Appstore loses it.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
That particular ROM may have scripts running at startup or during operation that keep the cache cleared or move the cache to a different location on the phone/SDCard. Have you tried moving the app to SD card to see if that helps anything?

Marty_LK

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
That particular ROM may have scripts running at startup or during operation that keep the cache cleared or move the cache to a different location on the phone/SDCard. Have you tried moving the app to SD card to see if that helps anything?
Yeah, I tried the SD card and I also tried converting the app to a system app.

I think there may be some official incompatibility in Amazon's Appstore app with Jelly Bean.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I tried the SD card and I also tried converting the app to a system app.

I think there may be some official incompatibility in Amazon's Appstore app with Jelly Bean.

That's a very good possibility. Amazon is generally pretty poor at updating their appstore and the apps contained within it. Are there any other JB ROMs available for your phone (AOSP or AOKP since you're already on CM10) that you can test that theory out with? Also, did you get a fresh install of the app from Amazon, or did you restore the app from a backup through Titanium or another b/u program?

Marty_LK

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
That's a very good possibility. Amazon is generally pretty poor at updating their appstore and the apps contained within it. Are there any other JB ROMs available for your phone (AOSP or AOKP since you're already on CM10) that you can test that theory out with? Also, did you get a fresh install of the app from Amazon, or did you restore the app from a backup through Titanium or another b/u program?

Strangely, I had a previous Jelly Bean ROM that game me no issues with the Appstore app. But I suspect it was configured more like ICS than JB. However, it wouldn't perform as well as this ROM. It wasn't any kind of CM10 official or unofficial ROM or association. Just a common custom ROM based on JB.

I have the very first Amazon Appstore app and the latest one. I saved them by App Backup & Restore and use them on my other devices with no issue. I have considered acquiring a version directly through the Amazon website, but figured it wouldn't make any difference.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Strangely, I had a previous Jelly Bean ROM that game me no issues with the Appstore app. But I suspect it was configured more like ICS than JB. However, it wouldn't perform as well as this ROM. It wasn't any kind of CM10 official or unofficial ROM or association. Just a common custom ROM based on JB.

I have the very first Amazon Appstore app and the latest one. I saved them by App Backup & Restore and use them on my other devices with no issue. I have considered acquiring a version directly through the Amazon website, but figured it wouldn't make any difference.

Try getting a fresh copy from Amazon directly. Sometimes backups can cause issues. Make sure to set it up as a new app install, don't restore the data from App Backup & Restore.

Marty_LK

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Try getting a fresh copy from Amazon directly. Sometimes backups can cause issues. Make sure to set it up as a new app install, don't restore the data from App Backup & Restore.

I thought it was going to work this time. I got an Appstore app directly from Amazon and it turned out to be a wholly fresh and new app with a different interface and appearance. I signed in with my UID and let the app load. I then backed out to the homescreen and rebooted. Sadly it didn't retain my login info. Upon opening the Appstore app, I was presented with the login screen.

One thing I see with this new apk is it shows to be targeted at the FroYo SDK. The previous one I had installed showed to be targeted at the Gingerbread SDK.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX