Notification Weirdness on Jellybean

cdouble2

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to turn off audible notifications for the stock email client on my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android version 4.1.1. I have successfully turned them off for the GMail client, but I need to use both clients (stock client for work email and Gmail client for personal). I get a lot of work email traffic, so I am getting dozens of notifications each hour. Very tedious.

I can of course mute the phone but then I won't hear incoming calls, text message notifications, or calendar reminders. What am I missing?

AndroidSettings > Sound >
DefaultNotifications=Silent

AndroidSettings > ApplicationManager > Email
Show Notifications is ON (but the checkbox is greyed out, I cannot seem to change it)

Email > Settings > GeneralPreferences
Email notifications is OFF
Select ringtone is SILENT (shouldn't matter since notifications are off)

Chris

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I only use gmail, so, I can't go into the email app and check any settings, but, if it's greyed out, you would think that the box was tied to something else in the settings. And, that it only becomes accessible when some other options is either selected or deselected.

Both the options you listed look like options for the stock email app. Is that one still making noise? Or are you just having problem with Gmail?

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
You have to look in the other menu under general settings in the settings menu, the box that has you email address will bring the notifications and sync menus up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000