Very frustrated in selecting new phone/carrier!

whitey0817

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I currently am with Sprint and have been with them for 9+ years, haven't really had any problems over the yearrs but its time to upgrade. I currently have the original Epic 4g, and would like something newer, as I'm paying monthly for aa phone either way. Id like to stay with Sprint, but there's no telling when LTE will get here in Cincinnati. I've looked at Verizon, but their plans seem rather expensive, and I haven't heard much good about T Mobile or AT&T around here, but I could be wrong. I've been looking at the Galaxy S3 of course, as well as the new LG Optimus G, and several other top end phones. Any opinions? Do I hold on to my Epic 4g for a few more months until the Galaxy S4 comes out? Do I switch carriers? What's the general consensus on the best plans for the money? I currently have the 450/unlimited data plan with Sprint and its perfect for me, I could even go for less daytime minutes. I don't really need the best phone out on the market, but if I'm going to be using my upgrade discount and basically paying it off for 2 years, id rather just pay a bit more up front and have a better device that hopefully won't be old technology so soon.

Thanks for any help, I'm just losing my mind comparing all these devices and carriers

learning2

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Rather than looking at all the phones available, just look at the phone you have.

What do you like about it? What drives you nuts?
Is it too big? too heavy? too small? too slow? too ugly?
Do you want a better camera? More memory? Compatible with an app you can't use right now? Better display?

Make a list of features of your current phone that you want to keep, and the features on your phone that are most in need of updating, for the way that you use a phone. The better you know what you want in your phone, the better you can decide which phone is right for you.

Rather than using the vendors' websites to compare phones, use a generic comparison tool on a site like phonescoop-- you'll get a more neutral comparison and you can compare multiple features side-by-side.