Returning to andriod from iPhone

svitale

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'm thinking on purchasing a htc one x plus and returning to andriod. I previous owned a nexus one and a moto atrix running gingerbread. My question is will my andriod apps re-download once I setup my phone? I logged into my google acct and it shows me all of the apps that I previously downloaded. I want to prevent this? Is there anyway to cancel the downloaded apps or stop them from downloading? Thanks in advance.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I'm thinking on purchasing a htc one x plus and returning to andriod. I previous owned a nexus one and a moto atrix running gingerbread. My question is will my andriod apps re-download once I setup my phone? I logged into my google acct and it shows me all of the apps that I previously downloaded. I want to prevent this? Is there anyway to cancel the downloaded apps or stop them from downloading? Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure your apps will not auto download. And you now have the ability in the play store to delete apps you no longer want so they are gone from your list permanently. The circle with the line through it is the delete option.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353196466665.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353196466665.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 45

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I kind of figured that. It's been almost a year since I used an andriod phone.

Welcome back! The HTC one x + looks like a great phone, I'm sure you will enjoy it. And with the latest version of android, jellybean, things run very very smooth and its very stable. Good luck!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
the above poster was wrong. the apps will auto download unless you unselect and option to not retrieve from backup when you first login to your phone.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
the above poster was wrong. the apps will auto download unless you unselect and option to not retrieve from backup when you first login to your phone.

Is that automatic for the play store for everyone? Didn't realize that, thanks! I've been rooted and running ROMs so long now I didn't realize that was standard now.

Edit. I guess it would help if I looked in the play store settings from time to time. LOL.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Is that automatic for the play store for everyone? Didn't realize that, thanks! I've been rooted and running ROMs so long now I didn't realize that was standard now.

Edit. I guess it would help if I looked in the play store settings from time to time. LOL.

yes, it is. at least from GB. I have done this many times since i factory restore once in a while and every time i login it download all apps(obviously i check the option to auto download all apps.)

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
yes, it is. at least from GB. I have done this many times since i factory restore once in a while and every time i login it download all apps(obviously i check the option to auto download all apps.)

Yep. There it is. Thanks. To the OP, uncheck that option and you are all set...no automatic download of your apps and you can delete whichever ones you no longer want.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353235546956.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353235546956.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 21

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep. There it is. Thanks. To the OP, uncheck that option and you are all set...no automatic download of your apps and you can delete whichever ones you no longer want.

I don't think that is what still1 is talking about. I think they are saying when you first setup the phone, there will be an option to have it get all of your apps. I'm not sure what option you are showing in your screenshot, but, I'm thinking you are looking at Auto-update. That is just an option to select auto update for apps that you download by default. Besides, by the time you could get to Play store settings, downloads would already be initiated.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that is what still1 is talking about. I think they are saying when you first setup the phone, there will be an option to have it get all of your apps. I'm not sure what option you are showing in your screenshot, but, I'm thinking you are looking at Auto-update. That is just an option to select auto update for apps that you download by default. Besides, by the time you could get to Play store settings, downloads would already be initiated.

Good point. Thanks. Not having a good week with my attempts to hand out answers/advice. Gonna stick with reading chatter now and then.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Good point. Thanks. Not having a good week with my attempts to hand out answers/advice. Gonna stick with reading chatter now and then.

Lol. All good. But, yea, you do some of your best work there. :p

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ah, the dreaded auto-update. I've hit that on accident a few times when switching ROMs and see apps start to auto-download. Just be sure to not check that option. Remember, once you get the device up and running you can log into your Play Store account via computer and select which apps you want the device to re-download if there are certain apps you like. Welcome back.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have found it to be handy in the past. I think if you just had one device, and removed apps you didn't want from Play, it would be good. But now that I have so many devices, it makes no sense. Assuming that is that it pushes all the apps you have. It's been a while since I've done that.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC