White TPU case discoloring

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a white phone and went with a white case which might have been a mistake. The case is turning blue from putting the phone in the back pocket of my jeans. Washing the case and scrubbing it with a brush, soap and even trying a little bleach didn't make it white again.

Any tricks anyone can think of to make it white again?

I was prepared to have to wash dirt off every once and a while but didn't realize this would be a problem. It's the androidified case but likely common to all TPU white cases. Something else to think about and likely avoid a white TPU case.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
They seem like they clean stuff pretty well, although I have no idea how. Give it a shot. I can't think of anything else short of painting it, if you tried bleach. I guess you could also try and make a paste out of baking soda, bleach, oxyclean, anything you can throw at it, spread it on there, let it sit, then scrub it hardcore.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Plus one with the Magic Eraser! Works wonders. If it doesn't come out it's because you have the jean dye on the case and its there permanently. Probably a result of moisture in the pocket when the phone is in there.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Good luck. Be sure to come back and let us know how it went. Worst case, get yourself some white spray paint, lol. ;)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay