Installing new SD card

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey all I have a s3 rooted with a 4gb SD card installed and I just got a 32 GB class 10 for it. My question is I have my stock ROM backed up o my 4 gig what would be the safest way to transfer the trwp file from the old one to the new one. I'm a little worried I'll corrupt the file or lose it
my awesome nexus 7

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey all I have a s3 rooted with a 4gb SD card installed and I just got a 32 GB class 10 for it. My question is I have my stock ROM backed up o my 4 gig what would be the safest way to transfer the trwp file from the old one to the new one. I'm a little worried I'll corrupt the file or lose it
my awesome nexus 7

Here it's easy, follow instructions below:

- Using a USB Cable connect your device to PC & "Copy" (Do Not Move it) the SD card to a new folder on your PC OR Shut off phone (or dismount SD card in settings) & Remove old 4GB card & put it in SD Adapter to PC
- Install new 32GB SD Card in the "Phone/device", go to settings, find the new 32GB SD & "Format it" using your "Phone"
- Reboot phone & check the new SDcard is being seen (around 30-31 GB ish)
- Connect phone/device via USB cable to PC and open that folder on PC
- Copy (Do Not Move!) old SD card from PC to new Folder on phone/device (Optional name it Stock_Rom or similar)
- Disconnect USB cables properly ie eject
- Reboot phone & check, it should be all set

I prefer the "reboots", "folders" & "proper USB Disconnect"

Also put the old 4GB card in a safe place, I would also "Copy it" again to the "PC" as a backup

Their are other ways but I find this the safest method for most all devices

Hope that helps.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Those are often large files, so that seems about right. Did you keep a copy on the PC as a backup? You should have one copy on new sd card, one on the PC and maybe one on the old sd card if you left it there.

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Yea I have the old card put away and still have the folder on the pc , can never have to many back ups thanks for all of you guys help:beer:

my awesome nexus 7