Browse (and download) files from PC using my phone (via USB)

FuzzyMoose

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to browse a PC directory structure using an android phone (Galaxy Note 2 in this case) and maybe download files directly to my SD card?

I have a laptop and the screen has gone - most of the info is backed up but there are a couple of documents I would like to try to salvage if possible.

Thanks

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to browse a PC directory structure using an android phone (Galaxy Note 2 in this case) and maybe download files directly to my SD card?

I have a laptop and the screen has gone - most of the info is backed up but there are a couple of documents I would like to try to salvage if possible.

Thanks

First off - couldn't you hook the laptop up to an external monitor? You should be able to this - do you have access to a monitor or projector?

Second - I don't know of any way to connect via USB and browse a PC without first having installed software on the PC such as TeamViewer or other remote access software. There are also ways you could do this if your phone and PC were on the same Wifi network with something like AirDroid, but this again would require you to open a browser window on the laptop and navigate to the appropriate IP address.

I think your best bet is to hook the laptop up to a monitor, projector or any TV manufacturered in the last decade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20