Help, what phone should I get?

Which phone would you get based on the below Pros & Cons?

• Total voters

TxAggieMJ

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I finally got out of my T-Mobile contract and will be switching to another provider, probably either Verizon or Sprint.

I really can't decide what phone/service to go with, and was hoping a poll might help me make a decision.

Please let me know what you think about each of the listed options.

Droid X
  • Pros: Huge, Fast, On Verizon
  • Cons: Locked bootloader may prevent custom ROMs on it, but this may be circumvented at some point

Droid Inc
  • Pros: Fast, on Verizon, Custom ROMs
  • Cons: Smaller screen

Evo 4G
  • Pros: Huge, Fast, Custom ROMs
  • Cons: Not on Verizon, Battery life

Galaxy S (Fascinate/Epic4G/Vibrant/Captivate)
  • Pros: Pretty Big, Any network, Beautiful "Super AMOLED" display, Best graphics, Custom Roms
  • Cons: Not as big as X or Evo

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You need to consider two things first. One, which network gets better reception and two, how much you want to spend. Sprint is cheaper. Out of phones I'd get the Evo or X. Not a fan off Samsung from past experiences with them.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

TxAggieMJ

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You need to consider two things first. One, which network gets better reception and two, how much you want to spend. Sprint is cheaper. Out of phones I'd get the Evo or X. Not a fan off Samsung from past experiences with them.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

Yea, fortunately, my wife get's a corporate discount at Verizon, making it about the same as Sprint. Actually, I think with the $10 4G fee on Sprint, it'd be a little more than Verizon.

I also would prefer having Verizon's vast 3G network over Sprints smaller network, despite it's 4G.

indyalex

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has cheaper plans and the EVO is awesome,that said I'd ck. both services,prices, coverages and ph's.offerings and go from there.The Droidx & Incredible are great also.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea, fortunately, my wife get's a corporate discount at Verizon, making it about the same as Sprint. Actually, I think with the $10 4G fee on Sprint, it'd be a little more than Verizon.

I also would prefer having Verizon's vast 3G network over Sprints smaller network, despite it's 4G.

If you still really want to be guided by the opinions of strangers with unknown expertise, here are my thoughts: Samsung doesn't move me, so I'd skip the Galaxy. Since you're asking for advice, I'm assuming custom ROMs and that sort of thing aren't in your game plan (If they were, that would make the Droid X a less than ideal choice). And to me the Incredible is clearly inferior in most every way to the Droid X, so the Droid X is the "duh" no-brainer choice among the Verizon options you listed.

This makes it a choice between Sprint/EVO and Verizon/Droid X.

I'd consider the EVO and Sprint a good rival to the Droid X (I own an EVO myself and have been on Sprint for over ten years), but based on the quote I listed above, you've chosen Verizon over Sprint.

So it sounds to me like the Droid X and Verizon is your choice by elimination (and it should be an excellent phone). Just make sure you have good Verizon 3G signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs