Cyanogenmod and auto-syncing Google

navedoperez

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I'm new to Android and I have some questions..

The easier one, how do I auto-sync google apps such as gmail and music? I'm on 4.2.
When I go to Settings > Scroll down to Accounts > Google, I see a small message saying "Sync is OFF". If I click on that I can manually sync, but I don't see any options for autosync.

Also, will getting Cyanogenmod benefit me since I already have 4.2? From my understading, Cyanogenmod is an alternative to the stock Android ROM, that lets users update to the newest firmware earlier than waiting for it to officially rol out for their device. Am I right on this? Or does Cyanogenmod do that plus add new features?

And if they do, what is an example of these features? I want to know if it is worth the root and voiding my warranty.

I know I've asked a lot but I would appreciate some help! :)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you go into Google under Settings -> Accounts and then tap on your username it should bring up the list of Google features to sync.

As far as loading Cyanogenmod, that's up to you and what phone you have. Does Cyanogen support your phone directly? If so then it's a great ROM and I would highly recommend it (I run it as a daily driver on my phone.).

mrccentral

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the very same problem. Somehow since I upgraded to CM 10.2 automatic sync is off. The big problem is I can't find out how to turn it back on again. There is no option in the Accounts section in Settings (some post on the net states that just go to "Settings" - "Accounts & Sync". But there is only "Settings" - "Accounts". There seems no way to enable sync here. Only to add account, remove accounts and manually start syncing

Guess the "missing Sync" might be because of the rather new "Profile" option. Inside here you can set if synchronizing is to be done. But it did not work. I also tried to disable "Profile" but that did not work either.

Its rather useless for me to have a phone where i have to synchronize manually! Please help. Am I missing something?

afir

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem.
I succeeded to turn on notification by modifying setting inside the Gmail application. Once inside, click on your account name (On the left), and then check "Data Usage - SyncGmail" option. You should be presented with the (system) window that gives you an option to turn on synchronisation.

2anyone

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
same problem here: usually, there is a tick after every sync options, but now, the thick is disappeared.

I wipe whole system & data, and reinstall cm & google app pack, the tick is back, auto sync is no problem.

so I believe there must something damaged the "tick" thing. :(

anyone had any suggestion? thank you.

solution:

that's because I turned auto sync off. Turn that on, all ticks appeared, and sync works again.

Last edited:

akgonzal

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cyanogenmod and auto-syncing Google It can be synced!

I had this same problem and what fixed it was going into: (Phone) Settings --> System (setting) ---> Hardware Keys --> Then turn on "Enable Custom Actions" and turn on "Show Action overflow." Also click on "App Switch Key (long press)" to turn on the "Open/close menu" option from the inner list.

This produced the 3 vertical dots on my photo gallery (which was previously non-existent) so I can delete the pictures when I am viewing them in large mode. It also provided the 3 vertical dots on my Gmail account so you can find the settings to auto sync.

To auto sync, after enabling the above mentioned hardware keys, open your Gmail account like you do when you are checking your email. Then hold down the bottom right button on your phone (the built in "app switching" button; it looks like a square on top of another square). Holding it down will pop up a list of Gmail options. Click on --> "settings" ---> then click on your personal username "something@gmail.com" ---> then another list will pop up with a check box next to the "Sync Gmail" option. Holy Thank Goodness it works!

danielb QXL

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Man thank you so much. Simple solution. It would not occur to me ever. I've become a retard, horror. On the other phone I have CM 12.1 and are completely different control commands from the commands for CM 11, on which I have a problem with the sync (I had a problem, sorry). Ah, I'm probably being too used to a Lollipop 5.1.1..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae