Play Music App Question and issue with "on Device music"

steelhand69

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How do you get the on device playlist within "play music app" to udpate/refresh. I have copied music files to my phone SD card, all the songs from the playlist and when look at artist, or other views it see that these are on device, but when go to the playlist it does not, also if I remove a song from the playlist from the web it still shows on device.

I don't want to download songs to device from the play cloud, like to move them over from PC. also do not want to stream from the cloud all the time, I listen to music too much to use that much data.

I want to just use the native play music app from google, but the on device functions are not up to par and end up using apps like power amp etc.
Suggestions? Advice?

Thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Here is my question!! You have all your music in Google music cloud but you also want some music on your phone so that you don't use data??
You accomplished this by copying the music files from PC to phone even though those music were in cloud?? am i Correct??

if you did the above just an FYI, you can download music files to you phone and use it without using the data.
here is how to do it. open music app-->[Menu]-->Choose On device music.

A circle with pin icon will appear on albums. click on the pins (it turns blue) you want to download on your phone. once selected click done on top left.
it will download all the music you selected to phone(make sure to use wifi at this time). next time you play those music it wont use data. you can do the same with playlist.

if you are copying PC playlist to phone and trying to use it. it wont work because playlist is simple songs with the path to the music file.

like for example song 1 at "C:\songs\[path].[extension]" you cant use this in phone because c:\ drive don't exist in phone.

to sync playlist in web immedietly open music app-->[Menu]-->Settings-->refresh

Last edited:

steelhand69

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have pined them and they are local it says, but cannot find the files, do you know where they are stored. I read on other post that it is in \Internal storage\Android\data\com.google.android.music, but when looked there it is empty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith