What app(s)/method(s) should I use for syncing music across many devices (windows and androids)?

sliver108

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I want to thank anyone who answers this in advance. I am usually pretty good at figuring this stuff out but at this point my head is spinning.

I just bought and Asus 300 tablet for house use. I mainly bought this for our 4 year old for learning apps and entertainment. I then realized that I have her music on a bunch of other devices so I figured that now would be a good time to get everything synced up with one another. I am mainly concerned about the music aspect of syncing and if an app(s)/method(s) included other things like pictures and videos I would not be opposed. The main devices I want to sync are as follows:

2 galaxy s3?s

2 older Android phones that will be used as media (music devices like an ipod) which are a Epic 4G and a Evo

1 Asus Transformer 300

2 computers running Vista and Windows 8

And maybe if it wasn?t a problem an XP desktop, an XP laptop, and an Ipod nano.

The nano is not a big concern since I know how Apple is about sharing and I could just take most of my music to another system/use another method. I have looked into Amazons Cloud Player and have heard about some other Apps like Double Twist but I am still a little lost. I am basically looking for something that is more or less fully automated (or pretty close to it).

Thanks in advance,

Jeffrey

sliver108

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I would also like syncing of playlists, I can't believe I forgot to mention that. It would be great to have the ability to have a playlist in a playlist or something like that.

Example:

Mia's music playlist"s"
...Mia's sleep music playlist
......song 1
......song 2 etc.
...Mia's fun music playlist
......song 1
......song 2 etc

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Easiest solution is Google Music. You can upload ALL of your music into the Google Cloud by installing Google's Music Manager program on a desktop that has all of your music. It can take a few days to upload everything if your music collection is into the thousands of songs, but once it's uploaded, you can access it anywhere as streaming audio on any desktop/laptop that has a browser and internet connection, and on any Android device that has Google Play Music installed and has an internet connection. The only problem might be with the Android devices that you're using as media devices only--they should still be able to connect via wifi, but that doesn't help if you aren't near a hotspot.

Playlist creation is also simple, and since it's in the cloud, playlists are accessible to everyone with the account.

sliver108

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Easiest solution is Google Music. You can upload ALL of your music into the Google Cloud by installing Google's Music Manager program on a desktop that has all of your music. It can take a few days to upload everything if your music collection is into the thousands of songs, but once it's uploaded, you can access it anywhere as streaming audio on any desktop/laptop that has a browser and internet connection, and on any Android device that has Google Play Music installed and has an internet connection. The only problem might be with the Android devices that you're using as media devices only--they should still be able to connect via wifi, but that doesn't help if you aren't near a hotspot.

Playlist creation is also simple, and since it's in the cloud, playlists are accessible to everyone with the account.

Thanks but 2 things....
1. Will it upload playlists that I make on my desktop?
2. Can I download music from the cloud to my Android device?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but 2 things....
1. Will it upload playlists that I make on my desktop?
2. Can I download music from the cloud to my Android device?

1. yes, it does. in the google music app(desktop app) there is a playlist syncing option i believe
2. yes, you can download whatever you want to download and play it offline or without using data in your Android phone.
Its called pinning. on the android music app menu there is an option called "Choose on device music". choose the music you want and it will download to your Android phone.

again google music is a good solution. I use 5 devices for music. 2 Phone, 1 tablet and 2 PC's

sliver108

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
1. yes, it does. in the google music app(desktop app) there is a playlist syncing option i believe
2. yes, you can download whatever you want to download and play it offline or without using data in your Android phone.
Its called pinning. on the android music app menu there is an option called "Choose on device music". choose the music you want and it will download to your Android phone.

again google music is a good solution. I use 5 devices for music. 2 Phone, 1 tablet and 2 PC's

good good...can it download the playlists?