Galaxy Note English OS?

hinomaster

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new forum and Android user here. I want to learn more about re-imaging Android devices. In the webOS world, we had the webOS doctor that was used to recover a device back to factory default, or even a custom/non-standard version of webOS.

What I currently have is a Samsung Galaxy Note, GT-N7000 that I purchased new, online. The only problem is that it defaults to Italian, and has a "TIM" customized version of the OS. Is there a way to flash the device to a "World Ready" or generic English version of Android?

Thanks in advance!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
did you buy it from the manufacturer or a second party? You should be able to do a factory reset and during setup choose the language you want but if you are running a custom ROM I am not sure what is going on. I never heard of that OS version

hinomaster

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
It was purchased from a second party, but new. The problem isn't only that after a factory reset I have to change the language to English, but not all applications update to English. Some stay in Italian, like the phone app for example (its called Telefono). Isnt there a way to re-flash the device to even the AT&T version of the Galaxy Note?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084