Please would somebody tell me how to kill Santa...

PostPlanB

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've just installed the Go Launcher on my phone and I love it. But... periodically I get Santa Claus and his reindeer chugging across my screen carrying a banner wishing me a "Merry Christmas".

It's driving me insane! If anyone can tell me how to get rid of this nonsense I'd be very, very grateful.

Bah humbug.

PostPlanB

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
It came on when I installed the launcher - I've tried installing other wallpapers but it won't die. Is there some screen feature that comes bundled with Go Launcher that I need to get rid of? It's driving me up the wall. Seriously though!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I would look at your task manager and see what's running. Like I said, I doubt it's the launcher. Launchers with tens (hundreds?) of thousands of users aren't usually in the business of annoying their customer base. It really doesn't sound like a launcher issue to me, especially if no other reviews are mentioning it, and Go Launcher is popular enough that people would be complaining if that was the case.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Thank you. That's been driving me nuts for a week. I suspected it was GoLauncher but it was nothing more than a hunch. I'm glad someone was able to track that down. They did the same thing around Halloween. It's a nice thought, some of us don't like unfamiliar stuff floating across our screens, no matter what the intentions. Great sleuthing, Mujeeb Khan.

Mujeeb Khan

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well , you may notice Go Apps , very cleverly bring in an "update" before holidays and then they stay til the next Update.. so always good to read whats the "New" in the update of the App and lately the Go 4 Android apps are getting clustered with ads

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you thank you thank you...i have been trying for weeks now to get that off my screen. It was driving me insane.i really appreciate it and again i say thank you thank you thank you

hoagy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Mueeb, THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!! that santa thing as been the MOSt annoying thing i have ever come across on the S?.....
Top Bloke!!!

Well , you may notice Go Apps , very cleverly bring in an "update" before holidays and then they stay til the next Update.. so always good to read whats the "New" in the update of the App and lately the Go 4 Android apps are getting clustered with ads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge