Sprints 4g WiMax booster

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
First off, i'm not sure where to place this thread so please move if needed. second off, i've search and still couldn't find the answer.
anyways to the point, is there a device similar to the sprint airwave that will boost my 4g? im on the very edge of 4g service basically. it says on the maps i have it but not being picked up by my parents phones (evo 3d and epic touch 4g[galaxy s2]). i have nearly perfect 3g and cell coverage just no 4g :/
any ideas?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I doubt you'll find anything like the Airwave for 4G. I don't think it even handled 3G data and was for phone use only. It would intercept the cell signal and send it via your home internet instead of using the towers. Even if they made something like that that would also handle 4G data, you'd need a blazing fast home internet service, in which case it may be better to look into just decent home internet and a wifi router for the data side of things only. Would also save on any data caps you may have.

Your other option for pulling in the tower signals better would be to look at external antenna systems like what http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/ sells (not to be confused with Wilson, the cb antenna company). When it comes to mobile antennas, this company is pretty much the only one to go with. I used one of their trucker antennas without an amp and it made the difference between zero and a full signal. I suspect their home systems are just as good. While it's a one time charge vs the monthly regular internet subscription idea above, these systems can be pricy, depending on how extensive you need it to be. Another down side is you may be pulling in a tower from a lot further away than normal, making your ping sky high compared to being close to the tower. This may cause you to loose some network speed, but I don't know enough about it to guess how much the impact could be.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Try updating profiles/prl on the devices and see if that helps. Otherwise you won't have any luck with a WiMax booster, if one exists, since you don't receive WiMax 4G in the first place (nothing to boost).

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
the phones are already on my wifi network. its just slow and there are already a bunch of other devices so trying to cut down on whats on the network. if i go down the road a little bit theres weak 4g. my friend with a photon was able to connect at my house with weak 4g so its there if you have the right phone. the prl and profiles have already been updated as well. its just to weak.
just trying to find more options before i spend money or decide on a final say

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781