Factory reset phone; having problems.

terminally_chilled

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
My mother gave me her Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000M. I was having problems with the sound and other things, so I decided to do a factory reset. Well..

1. Don't have Google Play. Instead, 'Market' is there (haha). When I tap it, it brings me to the terms & services of Google Play but there's no way to accept them or get past them in any way. I can't open Samsung apps either, don't know why.
2. I can't do a firmware update at all. Samsung Kies tells me my phone can't do it through the program (?) and there's no option on the phone itself.

I'm just very annoyed right now. I don't know much about these phones, so any help is greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Edit:

3. Samsung Kies detects the device but, when I tried to sync music to the phone, it said "device not responding".

I'm about ready to throw this thing out the window.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My mother gave me her Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000M. I was having problems with the sound and other things, so I decided to do a factory reset. Well..

1. Don't have Google Play. Instead, 'Market' is there (haha). When I tap it, it brings me to the terms & services of Google Play but there's no way to accept them or get past them in any way. I can't open Samsung apps either, don't know why.
2. I can't do a firmware update at all. Samsung Kies tells me my phone can't do it through the program (?) and there's no option on the phone itself.

I'm just very annoyed right now. I don't know much about these phones, so any help is greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Edit:

3. Samsung Kies detects the device but, when I tried to sync music to the phone, it said "device not responding".

I'm about ready to throw this thing out the window.

Which phone is this I can't tell by the model number. What carrier. When you did the factory reset was it from recovery or from the settings options?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

terminally_chilled

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Carrier is Bell. Reset from factory reset in settings.

Phone:
Galaxy-S_GT-I9000_3.jpg

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge