Basic protection apps advices needed.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
What might be needed outside standard jelly bean on the nexus 4 will I need to install for virus protection, lost/stolen phone apps, anything that will protect the device and my private information?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What might be needed outside standard jelly bean on the nexus 4 will I need to install for virus protection, lost/stolen phone apps, anything that will protect the device and my private information?

Keeping the devce locked is your best friend. It's a bit of an annoyance if you are not used to it. There should be options under Menu > Security for pattern/number lock -- use it. You'll also find many familiar apps for virus protection in the Play Store: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...arch?q=virus+protection&c=apps&token=kDt5fWex

Look through the reviews and see which ones might be worth installing. If you ever lose your device be sure to change the password to your Google Account, immediately. This will disable the phones access to Google services which are accessible from your phone.

Keep in mind that the contents of the SD Card are not protected unless it's encrypted...Some File Managers may provide this feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000