How do I get JellyBean to recognize SkyDrive for my Cloud Service?

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, new to Droid, moved over from Windows Phone. I've got a nice account setup already with SkyDrive along now with the Samsung Cloud thing and Dropbox. For some reason, DropBox has not upgraded me to the larger size account like they should have after I registered my new Note2 device and did all the other things they say you have to do in order to get granted the larger file allotment.

So, anyway, I have a 25gb account already setup with Skydrive and have quite a few files on there that I use regularly. I have a couple of the browsers on my phone and they work well to gain access to the files and such. What I really want is to actually add SkyDrive to my Cloud. When I go to Settings, Cloud, it shows Samsung and Dropbox, but does not give me any option to install or gain access to Skydrive. Is there some way I can install this on my phone and get the system to recognize it as another option for my Cloud services?

Thank you for all your help. I've really appreciated it as I piddled along trying to learn this new OS.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks
I already installed that and restarted my phone a couple of times thinking it just hadn't recognized it. When I check the cloud area under settings, it still doesn't recognize SkyDrive. I'm able to run the app and it accesses Skydrive well enough but it isn't integrated like DropBox and Samsung have done. I'm trying to get Skydrive integrated into the phone as well as the other two have so that my files and photos will sync to it automatically also.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there is a limit on how many cloud services the phone will automatically sync to? I just installed the Google Drive app also amd it is not included under the cloud setting either

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks
I already installed that and restarted my phone a couple of times thinking it just hadn't recognized it. When I check the cloud area under settings, it still doesn't recognize SkyDrive. I'm able to run the app and it accesses Skydrive well enough but it isn't integrated like DropBox and Samsung have done. I'm trying to get Skydrive integrated into the phone as well as the other two have so that my files and photos will sync to it automatically also.
just open the skydrive app and you will get a prompt to login with your cloud account. you wont find skydrive on the cloud section because skydrive is not integrated in to your phone.
it will be a standalone app

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Thanks. I hadn't considered that the only 2 cloud items that were showing up were the 2 things known to be "integrated" into the device. Makes sense now agter I installed Google Drive and couldn't get it to recognize either.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel