Different versions of Android with same google account?

supersarah26

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Good morning,

I have a phone running Android 2.3.4. I also just purchased a tablet which will be running Android 4.0.

Will I be able to use the same google account on both of these or should I set up a new one for the tablet?

I plan to install several apps on the tablet which are too advanced to run on the lower version of Android.

Thank you.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't be a problem. If you created a second account, you'd have to buy apps twice (once for each account)

Once you have both devices, the Play store will only show apps for the device you're currently using. If you install an app from a web browser, you'll be able to choose which device to install it to (or in the case it's only compatible with one of your devices, that will be the only one that shows).

So just use the same account on both devices.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also keep in mind that apps are not always compatible with every device or every version of Android. So searching for and installing a particular app might be successful on one device, but unsuccessful on another.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i have 4 android devices one the same google account, 2 tablets and 2 phones. all are on different versions of android. if there are specific apps on your phone that you want on your tablet, go to the play store from your pc, look in my android apps, select your phone, then the app in question. under the install, uninstall button, it will say this app is compatible with all of your devices or some of your devices, not compatible with other devices.