Seek advice for laggy, buggy tablet

kelltech

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Vizio Vtab running factory updated Honeycomb that has never been troublesome, I enjoy it and use it regularly. It is just about 1 year old now however and seems to be running more and more buggy. Apps freezing, screens hanging, lots of random lag in and out of apps, and apps crashing. My instinct tells me I should do a factory reset and start over with it but is that even necessary with Android?

I don't know if I'm having Android related issues or have some third party app dragging things around - and honestly I wouldn't know how to figure out the answer to that question. Can anyone offer any troubleshooting suggestions? Help is very much appreciated!

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Seek advice for laggy, buggy tablet

Go to developer setnings and turn on cpu usage monitor and see if theres any app that makes cpu busy when device is idle. Also you could close services that you dont need.

kelltech

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Odp: Seek advice for laggy, buggy tablet

Go to developer setnings and turn on cpu usage monitor and see if theres any app that makes cpu busy when device is idle. Also you could close services that you dont need.

Hmm I don't even see a setting or monitor for cpu usage.

kelltech

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Odp: Seek advice for laggy, buggy tablet

Looks like Latitude, which I dont ever use likes to run and consume memory. Other than that just the clock is running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney