quickly restoring SMS from 2.3.5 Android phone

Colin Rowat

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to transfer about 14,000 SMS from an unrooted 2.3.5 Android to a rooted 4.2.1 Android phone.

MyBackup Pro backs them up quickly, but restores them at a rate of less than 1/second. Thus, I have been looking for another tool to back up with:
1. Titanium Backup: no, as the 2.3.5 phone is unrooted;
2. new Windows-based Ultimate Backup Tool: no, as it requires Android 4.0 or greater.

Would you have any recommendations, other than running the restore tool all night? A tool that allowed me to back the SMS up in chronological blocks could be very useful.

Thank you,

Colin

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to transfer about 14,000 SMS from an unrooted 2.3.5 Android to a rooted 4.2.1 Android phone.

MyBackup Pro backs them up quickly, but restores them at a rate of less than 1/second. Thus, I have been looking for another tool to back up with:
1. Titanium Backup: no, as the 2.3.5 phone is unrooted;
2. new Windows-based Ultimate Backup Tool: no, as it requires Android 4.0 or greater.

Would you have any recommendations, other than running the restore tool all night? A tool that allowed me to back the SMS up in chronological blocks could be very useful.

Thank you,

Colin

have you tried searching the playstore? https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ore/search?q=sms+backup&c=apps&token=XYf01WDN

they have tone of options try one of those.

Colin Rowat

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you still1. I had tried looking through a number of apps. In the end, I have just enabled the developer options, kept my new handset awake while charging, and transferred the files overnight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair