Saving files to network shares

jrobertson82

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a need to roll out tablets to some of my people who work in the field, here is the problem I am running into.

I need them to be able to connect to a network share, open a document, and then save the changes back to the network share.

I am able to access network shares easily enough once I am vpn in. using ES, Astro, x-plore. Simple enough, create shortcuts to shared folder on my network here at HQ.
Problem is that if I open a document on my tablet, change something, and then save it, the changes just get saved to the temporary save location on the android device.They dont end up back on the network share.

Any thoughts on that? I would like for users to be able to just hit save and have the changed document overwrite the original, same as if it was done from a windows laptop.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried searching for answers, have not been able to come up with anything yet.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Problem is Android does not support services behaving like file systems in similar way like Windows 8, all applications can do is support service in itself or send to applications that can upload to that service for them (for example dropbox). So here few possible solutions

-Find editor that support shearing to different application and find uploading application that can recive those for upload to your service. Then users need to use shere to upload, thru i suspect there might be problem with overwriting file, you need to find application that support that.
-Find editor that supports uploading to your service
-Alternatively, use Google Docs or other "cloud" document editor service which saves all data in to there servers

You currently trying to use SMB/CIFS (Windows file shearing) over VPN right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non