Netflix using a lot of battery

conman1395

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The weird thing is, I haven't even used it. All I've done is install it and but it's using 10% of my battery. There only thing using more is the screen. Can anyone explain this? And if so is there a way to fix/stop this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
We need more info then 10% of your battery. Those percentages are not based on 100% of your battery. So when you say it used 20% you need to tell us what percentage is left on your battery Aswell.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

conman1395

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I was not so much concerned about the actual 10%. I was more concerned as to why, other than the screen, Netflix was using the most battery. The reason this is brought to my attention is because I had been using many other applications and I have not even opened Netflix. All I have done is download it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why? :p Deleting data and cache usually cause more resource usage as it need to reconstruct whole thing or else what you really wanted is to reset configuration

Because it's not an app that would take up 14% there is no way its running on iys own

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Netflix using a lot of battery

It has no reason to do anything on its own. It doesn't even check for updates on its own.

Well i never seen netflix in action, so i dont know ; p but lot of apps use services that people not even aware of that to do background processing as closing activity stop main execution of application, it's actions dont need to be visible to user.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well i never seen netflix in action, so i dont know ; p but lot of apps use services that people not even aware of that to do background processing as closing activity stop main execution of application, it's actions dont need to be visible to user.

I use netflix for hours at a time and maybe runs up 18% .14% without opening sound seriously unlikely from backgroun running

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If it's using the battery and you haven't even opened it, something is goofy. Uninstall it and reinstall it.

But no....it shouldn't be using any battery if you're not using it.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Netflix on my Android devices for 2 year and never had the problem you described OP. As someone suggested I would uninstall a d reinstall the app.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital