Picture storage is so messed up

Chris Milne

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung S3 and i've "told" it to store all pictures/videos on my SD Card. However, it seems to store half of my pictures and videos on my external SD card and the other half on the "internal" SD Card (is that a real SD card in the phone somewhere?) So these show up in different folders in the gallery as well as i have to go to both to back them up. Any photo app shows all kinds of folders i don't create, when i want to just back up all my pictures to save on my PC i have to hunt all over the place for them. When i connect as a camera it either doesn't show any of my videos or when i use the other connection method it finds every picture/video on the phone including icons and it takes 30 mins or more just to search, then i have to figure out what is new and what isn't.

Am I the only one? Solutions, ideas?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung S3 and i've "told" it to store all pictures/videos on my SD Card. However, it seems to store half of my pictures and videos on my external SD card and the other half on the "internal" SD Card (is that a real SD card in the phone somewhere?) So these show up in different folders in the gallery as well as i have to go to both to back them up. Any photo app shows all kinds of folders i don't create, when i want to just back up all my pictures to save on my PC i have to hunt all over the place for them. When i connect as a camera it either doesn't show any of my videos or when i use the other connection method it finds every picture/video on the phone including icons and it takes 30 mins or more just to search, then i have to figure out what is new and what isn't.

Am I the only one? Solutions, ideas?

I avoided all this problem by using google+ instant upload

Chris Milne

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, i hate google+ so much i gave up on using my picasa account. It does HD Videos too? There are definitely things that Google needs to clean up vs the iPhone in usability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2