Auto correcting

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there an auto correct dictionary within Android that I can modify? I'd like to add some entries to it. I already tried under the user defined dictionary and that doesn't work.

I want to add some entries like "i" will auto capitalize to "I". Currently it doesn't do that. And there are some other shortcuts that I'd like to put in.

kingzee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Anybody found a fix for this? The Droid X doesn't capitalize the "i," nor does it add an apostrophe to words like "Im."

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is any different with Sense, but on my G1 I can change these settings this way:

When I type in a word, if it automatically suggests a different word (as in, the word you typed isn't in the dictionary and it thinks you made a typo), then click and hold on the word you want to add. So if I type the f word, and it shows that's what I typed but recommends the word "duck", I click and hold on the f word and it'll add it to the dictionary.

To change the settings, including automatic punctuation and editing/adding/deleting words from the dictionary, I do this:
Home screen > Menu > Settings > "Locale & Text" > Android Keyboard (or Sense Keyboard or whatever) > check Auto-Complete, Quick fixes, Auto-capitalization, Auto-complete

Then go back to "Locale & Text" > User dictionary > Menu button will allow me to add a word, selecting a word already that's there allows "Edit" and "Delete"

nobius

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
No, I want it to auto complete u = you or r = are like WebOS does.

Adding "u" and "r" in the user defirned dictionary doesn't do this obviously.

I've been trying to find an app that does this too. Biggest thing I miss after switching from the Blackberry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2