Which...$400 Sprint GNex or $200 Epic 4G Touch?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to switch to a Sprint MVNO and need to make a decision on an off-contract phone. I currently have a GSII Skyrocket, and like it, so the Epic 4G Touch would be very familiar to me. However, I have always dreamed of having a Nexus device for the stock android experience and quick updates/upgrades. I have never rooted a phone and don't really want to. I'd rather have the peace of mind of OTA updates.

At first, I was willing to pay the extra price ($400 vs $200) for a GNex, but now I read that Sprint and Verizon have lagged behind the unlocked GSM Nexus updates. If that's the case, the value of a Gnex is at least somewhat diminished. Still, it has at least gotten the upgrade, instead of still being on 4.0 like the Epic 4G.

So, anyone out there have a pro/con about paying more for a Gnex vs saving money for an Epic 4G?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Get a nexus with tmobile. But if you must get a sprint mvno just get the epic touch. The nexus is nice but not worth $200 more. Plus if your not used to a plain os with no fancy ui tweaks then it takes a little getting used to. A Google only phone is not for everyone. Good luck deciding. Just remember that right now tmo data will be faster then sprint.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I'd love to switch to a T-mobile value plan, but their cell service is not very good in my area. I had them a few years ago and couldn't get a signal inside my office building or anywhere on main st.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63