how to post new threads

explorer fred

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi! After a long frustrating search I accidentally found the "post new thread" button. What's the best way for me to post new threads (ask a new question), no matter where I am on this site. I'm grateful for this forum, but not all of us are geniuses here. Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello

If its a general question that doesn't fit a specific category then it gets posted here in the General Help & How To forums.

Otherwise of your question is related to a specific device then choice the sub forum to match and post your question there.

Finding your device is easy to. From any page on the forums near the top header area you will find two search bars.
1. For general search in the forums
2. Search your device /carrier

Either one you start typing and in real time it will start to pull up matches to your entry as you type

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure to post in the right subforum. Best place for a question like this would be Site Questions and Announcements. :p

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Shawn Abel

May 24, 2013
Visit site
i screw around with the forums, cant seem to find a place for my question. im with net10, prepaid android, it was workin fine. it locked, had to do a factory reset just so i could get the dang thing to allow me to call net10. i know android sends all data to google servers. is it possible to recover data from those google servers?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
i screw around with the forums, cant seem to find a place for my question. im with net10, prepaid android, it was workin fine. it locked, had to do a factory reset just so i could get the dang thing to allow me to call net10. i know android sends all data to google servers. is it possible to recover data from those google servers?

What type of data are you referring too? Contacts should be accessible online if you had the option sync'd on the device. You can also restore the contacts once you sign back into the device with your account and check sync in the account settings of the device. Text messages or app data would not be saved unless you had this information backed-up with other services or apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Dude Im looking for it too, its so fustrating. Where is the button? Poor site design if you ask me.

Welcome to Android Central! Are you on the website, the Android Central app (the one that also has news), or the Tapatalk-based Android Central Forums app?

If on the website, go to the forum where you want to post, and click the big blue "Post New Thread" button right under the forum title.

If on the AC app, go to the forum where you want to post, and tap the speech bubble icon with the + sign in it at the top of the screen.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No problem. My advice would be to try keeping all of your contacts in Google, so that they're constantly synced between your phone and the Google cloud. Don't enter any contacts into the Phone Account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech