Samsung GTI 9070 connection troubles.

Cosmin Esy

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GTI 9070) and I have a little problem. The data network mode activates itself automatically, at any time. When the WiFi connection is on, it automatically stops when entering the Play Store. When I enter on instragram, facebook or any other programs with the data network mode activated, it turns itself off. I have android v 2.3.6..
How can I fix this ?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. What's the problem? Data is turning itself off or Wi-Fi is?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Cosmin Esy

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused. What's the problem? Data is turning itself off or Wi-Fi is?

Both of them, on and off.

For example, if I have the wifi connection enabled and I try to watch a video on youtube, when I press the play button, it turns off. As I exit youtube, it turns itself on.
Another example... When I leave the phone on the desk, with the data network mode deactivated, after a few minutes, I start getting facebook notifications and then I see that the data network mode activated.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You said it's new, so, if you factory reset and it doesn't fix the problem, send it back and get it replaced.

Cosmin Esy

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
This is not much of an answer.
I've downloaded an app called "Data ON/OFF", which switches your data to off when it automatically switches on. But it'd be better if I could solve this without that app.

Cosmin Esy

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, after a few months of using it, it's not conveniently for me to reset it. Either I solve it somehow without reseting it, either I do nothing about that.

Now, when I access Google Play / try to watch anything on youtube / try to log in on zynga poker on Wi-Fi, it turns off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith