What is a mobile pay tag?

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a credit card and they offer the option of getting a Mobile Pay Tag. If I understand correctly, it's something you stick on your phone. However, do I need this if a phone or device has Near-Field Communication? I asked this question via the bank's online chat but, it was obvious that the person didn't have the foggiest idea what I was talking about.

Also, can't I accomplish the same thing by using Google Wallet? I have a Nexus 7 and am considering getting a Nexus 4.

Thank you.

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
mobile pay tag is a nfc sticker but if you have nfc on your phone then you dont need it. google wallet basically do the same as these stickers.

all you have to do is add the credit card to your google wallet and use it without those stickers. and btw, those stickers at the back of your phone make it ugly.

these stickers are mainly for iPhones.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
mobile pay tag is a nfc sticker but if you have nfc on your phone then you dont need it. google wallet basically do the same as these stickers.

all you have to do is add the credit card to your google wallet and use it without those stickers. and btw, those stickers at the back of your phone make it ugly.

these stickers are mainly for iPhones.

You could put that sticker on other side of battery cover too :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay