App or Widget or Shortcut to Lock the Screen

ITrules

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
Thanks in advance for helping me out. I'm looking for an app or widget or shortcut or something that will force the phone to lock. Right now the phone locks after 10 minutes. However, if a situation arises where I need to lock the phone immediately there's no option to do that. There is an option under Settings to trigger on power button push. I'm not a huge fan of that since I use the power button to switch off the phone when I don't need it (to save battery). If nothing exists I might try the power button option.

I have a Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic with Android version 4.0.4.
Thanks!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try Power Toggles, one of my favorite apps ever. It has a Screen Lock toggle option which works pretty well (although on my Razr Maxx, there is a 1-2 second pause between tapping the toggle and when the screen actually locks). Besides that, it's also a very powerful and versatile toggle bar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There is an option under Settings to trigger on power button push. I'm not a huge fan of that since I use the power button to switch off the phone when I don't need it (to save battery). If nothing exists I might try the power button option.

OP said he'd prefer not to use the power button if he doesn't have to.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher Prime & WidgetLocker.
Then I assign a gesture to lock my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance