New Android Phone Help

whereslawly

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, first post on here so I'll give some background. Had my GS3 since June last year. By November I started to notice heavy screen burn all over the screen. Ive tried to have it repaired at CPW but they were no help. So waiting on samsung coming back with a fix hopefully.

LONG STORY SHORT

I want to get rid of the GS3 just because ive been let down by samsung, a phone shouldnt get screen burn so easily after 6 months, considering im on a two year contract.

So I was thinking of changing to the Nexus 4 but have some concerns about the durability and overall quality/specs compared to the GS3, i dont want to be downgrading.

So anyone with any experience of both help me out? Which is better?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: New Android Phone Help

S3 got OLED screen, it based on organic material which has shorter life span as they are destend to decompose, this is why OLED screen biggest down side is easiness of catching burn outs. Sorry to say it can be heled and its not fixable in theory (in practice you could balence the burnouts but its hard to do). So if you dont like it avoid OLED screen devices until smart people figure out how to extend life span of OLED. But you can help oled to not catch up annoying burnout, by avoiding displaying still images for too long time and shorten auto lock time so it wont display still image for long time when you throw phone somewhere. You will defently catch burnout (or should i say still alive part of screen) on staus bar as its usally black and that part of screen does not work too much and it displays still icons whic shapes will be visible when you run something on full screen.

whereslawly

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Would samsung or carphone warehouse not be able to replace or fix it, because at the time of buying it I was told nothing about it possibly getting screen burn, i wouldnt have bought it if i had known.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: New Android Phone Help

Would samsung or carphone warehouse not be able to replace or fix it, because at the time of buying it I was told nothing about it possibly getting screen burn, i wouldnt have bought it if i had known.

Screen replace could "fix" it i guess

whereslawly

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
The apparently replaced the screen vbut i think they were talking rubbish. So im going tommorow to get it sent away to properly be repaired so fingers crossed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000