Can't update android on a Huawei U8230.. any suggestions?

Shpwrck

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I'm new to Android and would be grateful if you guys gave me some answers to my questions.

I'm using a Huawei u8230 (firmware version 2.1-update1, build number U8230V100R001ARBC200B862)
which i bought from a carrier few years ago.
I tried to update it but couldn't find the option under "about phone."
Someone has told me that this android is a custom one installed by the carrier who sold me the phone and it could be non-updateable.

1) how can I update to the latest version in this case?
2) is my phone old for the newest android version? will it be slow?
3) is it possible to install a new original up-to-date android from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You can try rooting your phone and putting a custom ROM on it. Not all phones have custom ROMs running the most up to date version of Android.

Shpwrck

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Devinator for your reply,

I have already rooted my phone using a software called Unlock Root, in order to use an application that required a rooted phone. but I don't know how to put a custom ROM on it.
is putting a custom ROM the next step after rooting?

Shpwrck

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I installed Rom Manager 4 and when I touch "download ROM" I get an error message telling me to update to the latest version of Rom Manager, and of course I can't because of my android version limiting me. it's like a vicious circle. I want to update my android in first place so I can run apps that won't install and give me parsing errors. and now I'm having a hard time installing a custom ROM because of my obsolete android version.

Is there a way out of this cycle?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have never used ROM Manager, but, I feel like it is not recommended. See if you can find a custom ROM for your device using Google. Try a ROM like CM. If you can't find one, you might be out of luck. The more popular the device, the more ROM development that is done for it. And vice versa.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
hie...i found diffrent roms e.g samsung galaxys2......do i dowload it and then put it on my phone and install it
If you want to void the warranty on your phone (installing a ROM does that) and if you want to risk turning your phone into a garden ornament. Flash the wrong ROM, or even the right ROM in the wrong way, and it takes an expert with special hardware to make it work again. (And a new phone is cheaper.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs