File Transfers

pjiffy

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hope this is the correct board. I have the Nexus 7, but for now, I'm stuck with an iphone 4 running iOS 6.1. I successfully JB'd it today, for, among other reasons, so I can transfer photographs from the phone to the tablet, do the editing on the bigger screen, then hopefully transfer back again for uploading on the phones 3G connection. I have tried before, pre JB, to connect the two by Bluetooth, but as I found out, the iphone's bluetooth doesn't play well with anything not from Cupertino. So, my question is, can anyone advise me, with my current setup of JB'd phone and Nexus 7, the best Play Store and Cydia apps that I can use to achieve my goal. Cheers.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bump appears to be Android only - it won't work on iOS. But if you can transfer the photo files from the iPhone to the computer (via BT, USB, whatever), it's trivial to transfer them from there to the Android - just connect it to the computer via USB and copy/paste the files from the computer to the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
DropBox or any other cloud storage that allows syncing between both devices is probably the best way to go. Personally, I would just use DropBox and call it a day.

Edit: After re-reading the post it appears you don't have an active WiFi connection for the Nexus 7. If this is the case, you can probably tether (now that you have a JB'ed iphone) the Nexus 7 then upload from there without having to transfer back to the iphone.

pjiffy

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input everyone. I did hear of a JB app called Celeste Bluetooth which, I've been lead to believe overcomes the restraints Apple build in to their devices, but I haven't spoken with anyone who's used it? I am beginning to think though, that srkmagnus may have the right of it. If I just tether them I can just and upload straight from the Nexus. I bought an OTG cable and an SD/USB adapter and that would let me edit and upload shots taken with my Fuji also. Well, that and look forward to the summer when I can afford a decent Android phone (Nexus 4 looking very appealing right now).