Once again. I hope this is in the right place.

When I set up Gmail on my Galaxy S2 (ICS version 4.0.3) three days ago,I set up my home gmail account and created a new gmail account. Both are on the phone under the the regular Gmail link and there are two tabs on the inbox to switch between both accounts which work fine. So far so good.

However, after two welcome emails from Gmail team, nothing else has come through on the new account although I sent a couple of test emails using outlook from my work PC. I get a 'NO CONNECTION' message and the 'Retry' tab that makes no difference. Messages are still coming through fine on the home email tab.

Interestingly, and it may be connected, I can no longer log out of my home email account as it logs me straight back in again. This is the case on both my home and work computer where the original Gmail account remains open on both.

I have trawled the internet all day and none of the suggestions seem to answer this specific problem. Surely Gmail should work fine on Android - or am I being naive?

Any help gratefully received. Thanks
    02-08-2013 11:33 AM
    Have AutoSync box checked on the new email acct?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    02-08-2013 02:18 PM
    I have gone into settings/accounts on both accounts. There is a line accross the top saying 'accounts and synch' with a green button 'On'. I can't find a specific box that says 'auto synch'.

Going into settings for the problem account 'synch Gmail' and 'Synch internet' are both checked green which is the same as the account that is working. However, the bad account has an extra field called 'sync Google+' with a grey synch symbol next to it that doesn't disappear even when the box is unticked. Synching this extra 'Google+' makes no difference.

Do you think there could be a problem with one account being Google+ while the other does not have this feature?

Incidentally, the Inbox tab for the bad account now has a drop down menu that has appeared with 'DRAFTS, SENT, STARRED, SHOW ALL LABELS', none of which seem to make any difference. The is also a note that says RECENT and the email address of the good account. After several taps, I can get into the bad account. The 'NO CONNECTION' button has gone but still no messages have come through. When I come out, the drop down menu is still there.

Sorry about all the detail. I'm just hoping I guess that some of this will ring a bell with someone. This is driving me nuts.
    02-08-2013 03:03 PM
    It's hard for me to follow exactly what you're saying. I guess I'm stupid. But it sounds like your email is working fine. I'm wondering if the spam filter caught the emails you sent from Outlook? Are you sure that you are in the Inbox folder? Sending

One thing that I do if I want to be absolutely sure I didn't miss an email: open the Gmail app and choose the account you want to check. Compose a message and send it to yourself. Then wait a second and hit the "refresh" button. If you don't see that email pop up right away, something in your settings is off. Otherwise it's probably a sending or filter error!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    02-08-2013 03:12 PM
    Thanks! That worked just fine so as you say the email is working . There must be a sending or filter issue somewhere. Will start looking down that route. Once again, cant thank you enough. It was driving me crazy.
    droidmyme likes this.
    02-08-2013 04:18 PM