Android 4.0.4 Screen lock menu missing

marinoslb

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a 10.2" Flytouch 8 tablet with Android 4.0.4.
In the Security menu I don't see any screen lock line to lock the screen; so
I cannot lock the screen.
According to the online guides I consulted on the web it should be there.
Any idea how I can access the screen lock menu?
Cheers
Paolo

flusspferd

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I copied the stock Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk from a working "normal" tablet, where Lock Screen menu was visible under Security settings to a SD card, and installed both from the SD card on the tablet missing the Lock Screen option.
After this the updated Settings application had the the Lock Screen option under Security allowing setting a pin code.
After reboot the tablet returns to the original Settings without Lock Screen option, but the lock screen appears and will need the pin you entered before reboot.
This cannot be undone unless doing a factory reset I believe, so be sure to disable "power button instantly locks" and to set the other options available after entering the pin code with care.
But a Lock Screen is almost indispensable when traveling.

Addendum dec.15: My Flytouch 3 with TolgaMod / android 2.2 also by default lacked the Lock Screen pin menu under the Settings menu Location & security.From TolgaMod's ADW Launcher it is possible to construct a shortcut from ADW config -> Add -> Custom shortcut -> Pick your activity -> Activities -> Settings -> Settings(.Confirm.LockPassword) to the desktop, where the shortcut will open the hidden Lock Screen pin menu.I remember setting similar shortcuts when using another launcher (Holo?).
As I understand these pin-problems has to do with phone/tablets ID where each (except these) are given a unique ID, something which also influence the ability to purchase apps in the Market.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance