Clone an Android Image

BobJones19

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to clone a Tablet to an image, and then load that image to multiple tablets?The Tablets would all me the same model of course, if this was a computer i would use a program like clonezilla. please any thought or help would be greatly appreciated Also The tablets are a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and do not have micro sd card slots. Can not use WiFi to create or restore clone/image with a cloud service(connection is poor and unreliable). Device can not be rooted.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
but i need to save that image to something, and then load it on other tablets.
after you take backup it will be saved to your sd card. connect PC to the tablet and copy the file to your PC.

to load it to another tablet might cause issue and both tablet has to be same brand and model.
what are you trying to accomplish?

BobJones19

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Im trying to create a Backup image with Apps, app data, and all settings all saved so i can then load that image onto other tablets(tablets all 1 model). Then update 1 as needed then reload it pn the other tablets.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Im trying to create a Backup image with Apps, app data, and all settings all saved so i can then load that image onto other tablets(tablets all 1 model). Then update 1 as needed then reload it pn the other tablets.

have you tried carbon backup? you can save and restore appdata backup without root. settings may not be possible

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

If you root and put a custom recovery on your Device you can create a Nandroid backup which makes a kind of restore point of your entire system data and all. you can then take that backup and restore them on your other rooted tablets you will have an exact clone of the original tablet.

I dont know about carbon backup as still1 mentioned

BobJones19

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I still have not found anything that works for me, I would try carbon it was buggy for me but its been updated since.
I have stopped looking into this now for a few reasons

1. University Staff, Faculty, and Students are Checking out our iPads way more than the Android Tablets

2. The Galaxy Samsung Tabs are quite Old now I would recommend getting newer tablets if you can/

3. Android 4.1.2 Has Multi-User support and i think that is the way to go for managing stuff. User based Management

4. A tablet with Removable storage would make everything easier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance