Help choosing Custom ROM for tablet.

RedMageX

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi there everyone.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma choosing a ROM to install on my tablet. I have a Kross M742 running Android 2.3.4 (Already Rooted thanks to Gingerbreak), and I'm having a hard time finding a ROM to use. I have heard of CynogenMod, but I see they are all specific (mostly) to models of phones/tablets.

So is there any specific one I should use for this tablet?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi there everyone.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma choosing a ROM to install on my tablet. I have a Kross M742 running Android 2.3.4 (Already Rooted thanks to Gingerbreak), and I'm having a hard time finding a ROM to use. I have heard of CynogenMod, but I see they are all specific (mostly) to models of phones/tablets.

So is there any specific one I should use for this tablet?

You're right that ROMs are device specific - a ROM made for one tablet will not work on a different tablet. Usually, the more popular a device, the more ROMs available for that device. As you seem to have a non-mainstream tablet, it might be difficult to find developer support for it.

RedMageX

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've found that out at least the hard way. There is no trace of Kross anywhere I've looked, so no official device support either. I just want to see if I can do any kind of upgrades or other Custom OS installs aside from different Launchers. I figured that it'd be safer to use the tablet to try on instead of my Samsung Galaxy S2X, just due to not wanting to brick my phone, and Samsung should be rolling out the Jellybean update to it within a month.

Is there any ROM that would be suggested to try out?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995