Chrome homepage shortcut: change icon

joszeph

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm an android noob. Bought a tablet 2 days ago.

I've saved a chrome bookmark to androids homepage. The icon on the homepage is an ugly generic thing. So i'd like to change it. But how?

I did some google-ing. But all i find is advice on how to install another laucher.

Surely there must be an easier way to change an icon?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about stock, but with Nova Launcher it's as simple as long-pressing the icon and selecting Edit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

joszeph

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about stock, but with Nova Launcher it's as simple as long-pressing the icon and selecting Edit.
Long-pressing allows me to move the icon or to drag it to 'remove'. Don't see any 'edit'.
Why use another launcher? Doesn't that slow down the device or make it more clumsy?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Why use another launcher? Doesn't that slow down the device or make it more clumsy?

I recently had someone try a different launcher in an attempts to speed up their phone and their phone was running faster with the custom launcher.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Long-pressing allows me to move the icon or to drag it to 'remove'. Don't see any 'edit'.

On the contrary, the right Launcher will make your phone work much better!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC